Pages

London Olympic Games 2012

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

PM more capable than me says Rahul

PM more capable than me, says Rahul

Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday described Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as being much more capable than him but left everyone guessing on whether a youth will be able to hold the key post, saying the future is untold. "You have been asking this question for a long time," he told reporters in Bhopal.

"We have a very capable Prime Minister. He is much more capable than me. He is on the job. My responsibilities are Youth Congress and NSUI and I am doing that," he said when asked whether a youth will be able to become the Prime Minister.

Refusing to speculate, Gandhi said, "What can be told about the future. Who can tell it" when asked whether such an eventuality is likely in the near future.

Gandhi also underlined the need for party leaders to be cautious when airing views on different issues,  saying a line has to be drawn so that the party's prospects are not damaged.

"I would like to say one thing about discussions and group issues in Congress party. Our party is an open forum and to a certain degree, we allow discussions. The problem comes when the discussion damages the party's prospects and that is where a line has to be drawn," he said when his attention was drawn to different views aired by several Congress leaders on few issues recently.

At the same time, the AICC general secretary made it clear that his "responsibility is not the Congress party. I am responsible for youth organisations and I tend to like to focus on my job.

--
Mahi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Republic Day 26th January Greeting Cards

ShareThis